FOR UNDERGRADUATE ATTENDEES OF EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER LEARNING
Alliance Bible Church desires to encourage and enable students from within the church to pursue an education at a degree awarding Evangelical Christian institution of higher learning. Consequently, we have established a scholarship program to assist with this goal. The guidelines for the program are as follows:
1. Funding for the program comes from designated giving.
2. Contributions to the scholarship should not be made to an individual student, but to the fund in general.
3. Applicants should be regular attenders of Sunday worship at Alliance Bible Church. If presently in college, applicants should regularly attend another evangelical church while away.
4. The financial situation of the parents is not a criterion when awarding scholarships from this fund.
5. Scholarships are available to full-time undergraduate students in any year within their schooling program.
6. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
a. Maintain at least a 2.0 (C) grade point average.b. Be involved in church service activities.c. Write a statement of faith in Christ, describing what He is doing in their lives, and why they are going to college.d. Be able to supply one reference letter written by an adult from the church.e. Be under 25 years of age.f. Complete and submit their application by the second Friday in March.
7. The Board of Elders appoints a Scholarship Committee from within the membership to make decisions regarding recipients and amounts awarded.
8. The maximum amount that any one student may be awarded in any given year is $1,000.00.
9. Recipients will write a letter to the congregation acknowledging having received a scholarship.
10. Applications will be available by February 1, and will need to be completed and returned no later than noon on the second Saturday of March.
11. The Scholarship Committee will meet within 4 weeks of the deadline to award scholarships for the upcoming school year.